Most people are less than excited about their first orthodontics visit; in fact, most people are apprehensive and nervous when they go to the dentist or orthodontist. However, we are always thrilled to meet new patients during their first appointment with our office, and we will always do our best to make your visit a pleasant one.
Your initial visit will consist or a complete examination and a thorough discussion of all available treatment options, cost, and insurance coverage. This initial 30-minute appointment will provide us with a complete picture of your orthodontic needs. Because
your time is valuable, we will do our best to schedule time following your examination for all needed diagnostic tests. These procedures include X-rays and impressions for study models as required. This additional visit will last approximately one hour and will help us design and schedule the appropriate treatment plan.
This is what you can expect to cover during the initial visit:
- What condition do you have that can be treated with orthodontics?
- The time line for treatment – is it needed immediately or should it wait for appropriate tooth development or other factors?
- What treatments will be used to correct the issue?
- Will any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will this treatment take – how many visits and how long will each visit last?
- How much will it cost?
- What payment options are available?
We also encourage you to ask any questions before we begin any of the required procedures or create a payment plan.
During your first visit, general questions can be discussed, but specific procedures and costs will be addressed after a careful analysis of the diagnostic tests. Each patient’s issues and treatment plan will be unique, and it is important that we have all the pertinent information before we finalize plans and schedule treatments. Taking the time to have all the answers before we discuss treatment options leads to superior results and happier patients..
Once we have finished the initial exam and the diagnostic records, we will schedule a consultation to discuss treatment options, treatment time frame, and the preferable payment options. We make sure that all patients have a clear understanding of the specifics of their treatment and its cost before they leave our office after the consultation.
During your initial visit, please assist us by providing the following information:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card. This helps us provide you with a more reliable estimate of your costs.
We look forward to serving you at our office. We promise to make each and every visit as pleasant as possible!